covid-19 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
In these unprecedented times, the health of our staff, vendors, and attendees are very important to us. Below, we have outlined the safety precautions the Pop of Culture team will take and the ones you, the vendor, need to take before and during all of our events.
- Complete a COVID-19 test one week (7 days) before an event. If you test positive, you cannot participate in a popup. You must notify us via email and we will give you a participation credit you can use for any other event.
-If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or simply feel ill, please stay home.
-Bring with you hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes for your personal use at the event. You can and should also bring sanitizer to place on/near your display for customers to use. Use the sanitizing wipes to clean your display every hour.
- Wear a mask at all times while you're in the venue. If you need to take a breather, please step outside.
- Maintain 6’ distance from other vendors and attendees.
- There can only be 2 representatives for each brand.
- Do NOT accept cash and limit card payments as much as possible. Try contactless payment options such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, Cash App, Venmo, and Paypal.
-No food or drinks should be left open. Everything must be covered when not being served or packaged. As stated in our vendor agreement, all hot fresh foods need to be kept at a temperature of 60 degrees Fahrenheit or higher. No cold fresh foods allowed, such as potato salad, fruit, cole slaw, etc.
POP OF CULTURE
-All staff will take a COVID-19 test one week (7 days) before an event. Anyone who tests positive will have to stay home. If for some reason all of our staff test positive, the event will be cancelled/rescheduled.
-Any staff feeling ill or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms will have to stay at home.
-We will perform temperature checks on all vendors and attendees when they arrive. We will also have hand sanitizer for people to use before they enter and during the event. Masks will be available for attendees who don't have one.
-We will sanitize surfaces every hour.
Please email us if you have any questions or concerns about our COVID-19 safety regulations.