By remitting payment to Pop of Culture and accepting to participate in any of our events, you acknowledge and agree with the terms listed below. The pronouns "we" and "our" represent Pop of Culture. The pronouns "you" and "your" represent the brand or participant.
1. You must submit an application to be considered for any of our popups and talent palettes.
2. Submitting an application does not guarantee you will be selected. We select brands and individuals that are the best fit for the type of event, our brand, and space restrictions.
3. All of the information you enter in your application is stored and used by Pop of Culture and our partners/sponsors.
1. All brands must pay to participate in the lifestyle popup shops. There is no cost for artists to participate in the Talent Palettes.
2. If you are applying to participate in our U.S. events, payment is made when you submit your application. If for some reason your payment is not received, your application will not be reviewed/processed. The cost IS AS LISTED on the application form and/or website. Please do not reach out requesting for a discount because one will not be given. If your brand is not accepted to participate, your payment will be refunded within 1-5 business days.
3. If you are applying to participate in our Lagos or Abuja events, payment is made after you submit the application, once you have been accepted and sent an invoice. Payment must be made via bank transfer. The cost IS AS LISTED on the application form and/or website. Please do not reach out requesting for a discount because one will not be given.
4. Once you've been accepted and payment has been received, there ARE NO REFUNDS issued for any reason. If you can no longer participate in the event(s) you paid for, no refund or participation credit will be issued. If the event is rescheduled or cancelled by Pop of Culture, you will receive a participation credit that is valid for up to 12 months.
5. In the event that you cannot make it to an event that you've paid for, Pop of Culture will allow you to transfer your participation to another brand of your choice. This is strictly for the popups and not the Talent Palettes. You will need to send your request via email from the email address you used to apply and Pop of Culture has to verify the brand you suggest before they can participate.
6. The terms and conditions of payments are also stated in all invoices (for Nigeria) and on the application page (for U.S.).
PARTICIPATION & CONDUCT
1. If you are an alcohol brand (in the U.S.), you must provide us with proper forms verifying you can sell alcohol in a specific city/state. If you are a food vendor, all hot foods must be kept warm and maintain an internal temperature of 140 degrees Fahrenheit or you will not be able to serve it.
2. As a participating brand, you are strongly encouraged to promote your participation in the events you have been chosen for. All participants will be sent flyers to promote the event. You are not permitted to put the Pop of Culture name/logo on any advertising material that has not been approved by a Pop of Culture representative via written consent.
3. You are required to show up ON TIME for an event. For popup shops, you must stay until the event has ended, even if you sell out or traffic slows down. All setup and event information will be sent to you at least 2 weeks before an event. If you fail to arrive on time or leave an event early, you may not be chosen to participate in future events.
4. If you show up to a popup past the setup time, you may not be allowed to setup and may be asked to leave. No refund will be issued.
5. For Talent Palettes, you must attend all mandatory rehearsals and shoots or you may not be allowed to perform.
5. During an event, you and anyone associated with your brand must adhere to the following code of conduct:
At popup events, markets, and fairs, you are required to work your booth the entire duration of the event. If you leave your table unattended, no one else will cover it for you.
At Talent Palettes, you must perform during your assigned time slot and stay the entire event.
No smoking is allowed in the venue. If you want to smoke, you must go outside to a designated smoking area. The use of illegal substances are not allowed in or around the venue.
No pets are allowed inside the venue, unless it is a service animal (you will be required to show proof) or you are given permission by a Pop of Culture representative or representative of the venue. If an event is outdoors, then pets are welcome.
Do not play your own music.
Do not engage in any physical or verbal altercations. Anyone seen fighting (whether physically or verbally) will be asked to leave the event immediately and may not be allowed to participate in future events.
Do not damage the venue in any way.
Clean up after yourself and properly dispose of any trash you generate.
If you do not adhere to all parts of the code of conduct, you may not be chosen to participate in future events. In the event that you are caught fighting, using illegal substances, engaging in illegal business, or vandalizing the venue, Pop of Culture representatives and/or venue representatives has the right to call law enforcement and charges may be pressed against you.
SETUP & TEARDOWN:
1. Setup/call times and teardown times will vary from event to event. All participants of an event will be sent detailed information regarding setup/call times and teardown at least two weeks before an event.
2. For popups, you must fit your display into the pre-set space allotment. You will be required to consolidate your display if it takes up more space than allowed. Your spot inside the venue will be assigned to you. Someone will be there on the day of the popup to direct you to your area.
3. For the talent palettes, you will be given a time slot to perform.
1. You grant Pop of Culture full permission, perpetual and worldwide, to use your business name(s), logo(s), photographs from your website/social media and photographs taken of you by our photographers, videos from your website/social media and video taken of you by our videographers, audio, and words to promote our brand and events on any distribution channel.
2. You agree to market your participation in an event on your social media platforms and/or website. You can only use the marketing materials provided by Pop of Culture to promote on your social media and/or website unless given written consent to use other marketing materials.
3. We, the Pop of Culture team, will market the event to the best of our ability, but we cannot guarantee a specific turnout for each event.
CONDITIONS of LIABILITY
1. Pop of Culture reserves the right to change the venue and time of an event. If this is done, you will be notified as soon as possible.
2. Pop of Culture reserves the right to cancel an event. If this is done, you will be notified as soon as possible and given a participation credit.
3. Pop of Culture and the owners of the venue are not responsible for any of your merchandise/belongings that become lost, stolen, or damaged.
4. Pop of Culture and the owners of the venue are not responsible for any physical or mental reactions you may have to food, drink, or substances you consume at a Pop of Culture. By participating in any of our events, you agree to not hold the Pop of Culture brand, any Pop of Culture representative, or the venue owners liable for or take any legal action against them for any physical or mental reactions you may have to food, drinks, and substances you consume at a Pop of Culture event.
5. Pop of Culture and owners of the venue are not responsible for any injury you may sustain during an event and by participating in any of our events, you agree to not hold the Pop of Culture brand, any Pop of Culture representative, or the venue owners liable for or take any legal action against them for any injury you sustain during a Pop of Culture event.